Saturday, October 29, 2011

Home sickness...

My wonderful mother in law Andrea took me to Palm Springs with her and my two dear sister in laws to enjoy a girls get-away before my sweet baby girl is born. We had a wonderful drive out here singing, talking, laughing, and reminiscing on funny stories. We got to enjoy the beautiful sunny 80 degree weather, sit by the pool and read. I was out under the stars tonight looking up at the moon and felt such an ache in my heart of homesickness I never had before. I was missing my sweet husband and little Charlotte. Chris and I have been on many many trips without one another but it felt so different this time. Chris is my best friend and I have missed him many times before. This time feels like there is such a large hole missing in my heart. Since the moment Chris and I knew we were going to become parents, I felt a piece of my heart go to our sweet baby girl who is not born yet. Maybe that is why the ache was so strong this time since I am missing more of my heart! I cannot wait to be held in my best friends arms again, to look at him and tell him how much I love him. I cannot wait to hold my baby girl in my arms and tell her how much I love and adore her. My sweet eternal family, although we are all apart tonight, I have never felt so close to you both. Sweet dreams and good night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment